Monday 5 June 2017

Enough

'Enough Is Enough'

Now listen here, chaps. We all enjoy a little murder spree from time to time - I know I do! But really, this time you've gone too far. Three in two months! That is altogether too much.
  Of course, it's good to see young people taking their faith seriously. But it's so easy to get carried away and overstep the mark. There are limits, you know.
 I think it's time you paused for reflection (those of you who are still alive!) and took a good look at yourselves. You've let everyone down, you know you have. But above all, you've let yourselves down.
 This must not happen again. And I want to make it very clear that, if it does, there will be consequences. Serious consequences. I can't say what they will be just yet, but they will be... serious. Oh yes. I might even have to cancel our cultural exchange visits to Syria, and I know how much some of you enjoy those.
 So, I urge you to think long and hard about what I have said...
 And now, we'll sing a chorus of 'Don't Look Back in Anger'. All together now!

3 comments:

  1. An ongoing study by the University of East Anglia is toying with the proposition that there may be a correlation between Muslim children being taught that 'usury,' female emancipation and 'shamelessness', homosexuality, alcohol and, oh yes, music are evil in formal classes, and wholesale murder of girls at pop concerts and people drinking in pubs. They intend to make a pronouncement in about three years when they've collected enough (!) data.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was I supposed to cry in unity with the rest of the media when they played "Don't Look Back in Anger", because all I did was laugh in a disheartened fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, anyway Nige, let's agree on putting aside political posturing, hand-wringing and anthem-singing. What, in this case, is 'sufficient'?

    ReplyDelete